player playlist Miranda Gomez's AP Lit Comp Blog: WHAT I THINK ABOUT WHEN I THINK ABOUT ACT III

Monday, October 28, 2013

WHAT I THINK ABOUT WHEN I THINK ABOUT ACT III

When I was first assigned to read this I only skimmed over and barely understood a word that I was reading in Act III. Then a second time I read it over and as a group we had deciphered what nonsense each character was saying. I was able to ask questions to clarify any misconceptions I had had beforehand. It really did help reviewing as a group because I was more open to what everyone's opinion was about the passage rather than just my own that I would soon forget because I rushed through. Finally reading it a third time through, the nonsense that I had previously read now made perfect sense. I was able to decipher Hamlet's dialogue and schemes to a better extent. Not to mention while memorizing Hamlet's 'To be or not to be' speech I was able to gain a better insight into Hamlet's thoughts. By reciting the speech over and over to myself I discovered the bigger picture behind the speech, thus the main theme of the play.

No comments:

Post a Comment