player playlist Miranda Gomez's AP Lit Comp Blog: Filter Bubbles

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Filter Bubbles

a) I learned that Google is custom-tailored for the individual at use. That I am not seeing the bigger picture, that I am only viewing what Google wants me to see based on the fact that they think that this is what I should see through these Filter Bubbles.
b) This makes me think that I am missing out on so many important events or discoveries happening around the world. that Google doesn't want me to see something and that is not right with me.
c) Does what I see on the internet, because of the filter Bubbles, actually matter? How do I prevent this from happening? Why does the internet have so much access to our preferences and whereabouts?
d) To improve the effectiveness of my searches I will refer to more than one search engine and go beyond the first page of results.

No comments:

Post a Comment