player playlist Miranda Gomez's AP Lit Comp Blog: OUR TALE

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

OUR TALE

(Miranda's POV)

A year ago I would never have pictured my life the way it is now. I am no longer the girl everyone expected me to be. I no longer abide by the rules of the mob.

It was not easy growing up under the watchful eye of the mob. It was a mean business and I wanted no take in it. My parents did everything in their power to contain my wild spirit. They kept me under lock and key, I was no longer allowed to attend public school.  I disobeyed and as punishment I was caged. But once I had tasted freedom, I wanted it bad.

With out consent my family thought it would do our family some good and have an arranged marriage between myself and a rival mob family. My parents insisted it would bring peace and have me settle down, but I knew it was just good for business.

Tonight was the night I was to officially meet Don Jon, my fiancee. Even his name made me cringe. I just arrived at the bar early to scope out the place. Tonight I was anything but confident. But I needed to keep my composure cool and relaxed. This whole arrangement was unpleasant and I just wanted to get the hell out of here. I just needed the right time..

I took in the scene in front of me, letting the atmosphere sink in. The air was buzzing with chatter and the crowd was in high spirits. I could feel that tonight was going to be different, my instinct was never wrong.

Just then a man brushed past me and took a seat next to me at the bar. They just seemed like a couple of normal guys out on the town celebrating. I took no more interest until they spoke with excitement about their road trip.

"Woodstock is suppose to be the festival of the year! There will be some sick ass partying taking place at the festival Dan," the guy next to me spoke with intense enthusiasm.
"Dude, all I am going for is the music and chill vibes. And of course for the ladies," guy number two laughed breathlessly.

This was it. I knew tonight would not be a total loss. This is what I had been waiting for. I had to leave sin city once and for all. It had to be fast or else I would be trapped.

"Excuse me, hi. I couldn't help but over hear your conversation. But Woodstock you say? I have always wanted to attend the festival," I spoke enthusiastically, flashing a charming smile their way. They seemed to be in awe and just stared at me. Instantly, I knew I had them in the palm of my hand.

The two men introduced themselves, quickly gaining composure. The man to my right was Quatro Quatro, interesting name I know, and his companion was Dan Smith. I bought them drinks and soon enough persuaded hem to take me along for the ride.

"Oh, and by the way. My name is Ivy."

No comments:

Post a Comment