player playlist Miranda Gomez's AP Lit Comp Blog: Rant on Essays

Monday, September 9, 2013

Rant on Essays

I would rather memorize a 100 vocabulary words in one day than write an essay! Whether I'm just not familiarized with a certain topic or I just get caught in a funk. Essays have always been easy for me to write, but now it seems I can't even get past the introductory paragraph. I wrote my Beowulf essay and read it thinking it was good, but then I read it a few more times and thought it was terrible. I want to improve my essays to be able to have someone else read it and say, "This is a fantastic essay!" Now I freak out when writing because i'm afraid it will not be right. I compare myself to others writing and think its not as good. I just criticize myself too much. I need to develop my writing into something i'm proud of.

1 comment:

  1. I can completely agree with you on the last part! I read everyone else's essay and feel so let down by mine... but then people comment and say it's good or something. I think it's just all in our heads and we just are a little bit more harder on ourselves than we should be. Honestly though, it's a good thing that we push ourselves to strive to be better (:

    ReplyDelete