player playlist Miranda Gomez's AP Lit Comp Blog: Thoughts from Tumblr #2,3,4

Friday, November 1, 2013

Thoughts from Tumblr #2,3,4

This first one feels so relevant to what we are learning in Hamlet right now that I felt like I should post this. Not only does this relate to the play, but it applies to life. We as a society are afraid to take risks, fear begins to run our lives & can even drive someone to the breaking point.

People are so consumed with their own lives. They are more worried about themselves, rather than anybody else. Which is true among a majority of society.  No matter what we will not be able to please everybody, even if we are completely ourselves. When we start comparing ourselves to others, that is when the real trouble begins. Most are just focused on themselves even if that means others unfortunately get brought down in the process.

And finally this last one hits really close to home. I use to be so afraid and hesitant to speak my mind that I would refrain from saying anything at all. I absolutely HATE (& I do not like using the word hate often) disappointing everyone including myself and to cause drama. But then I realize that things will never change if I do not act now. I woke up. Now I do not take any crap from anyone & take control to fix a wrong.
 I just be.

No comments:

Post a Comment