player playlist Miranda Gomez's AP Lit Comp Blog: Encouraging Open Source Learning

Monday, November 4, 2013

Encouraging Open Source Learning

This past weekend I was catching up with an old friend & we began discussing school. I mentioned Hamlet & my friend cringed. She preceded to tell me she hated studying the play & my response was that I loved it. She then questioned my sanity & this is when I told her about Open Source Learning. She told me that reading Hamlet made her want to drop out of her AP class ( she goes to OA). 

I gave her the link to Dr. Preston's AP blog & told her to explore. I said if you need help with Hamlet read through our blogs & any other confusion to ask me. I explained to her that analyzing the play shouldn't be a hassle & that she should get with a group of friends to act it out just like our period 5 class had. I told her through our blogs we are able to collaborate & create new ideas & that she should make one for her class too. With the Internet we can learn just about anything & communicate with just about anyone around the world. It all just depends on how we use these resources. I really hope she precedes with creating a blog & expands her learning boundaries with in her school because every student should not be limited within these dim rooms we call classrooms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment