player playlist Miranda Gomez's AP Lit Comp Blog: HAVTA/WANNA

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

HAVTA/WANNA

As of now in high school we are following the curriculum that the states requires (HAVTA), for the most part. The basics: mathematics, literature, writing, social sciences, etc. These core classes have little comparison for what I actually WANNA do & study. What really peaks my interest are helping others, social media, traveling & experiencing life. Of course there are some underlying principles that are in these various things from my core classes, but so far there is not an actual class, that I have discovered in high school, that can teach me these things. 

Everyday in an opportunity to learn, whether it be by succeeding or failing. By these two things we essentially grow. We evaluate the situation in front of us & figure out how we can go from there. I believe that one is able to carry this with them in life. I believe that one's core values stay with them as they grow & experience life & alter them to see fit. There is ultimately no rapid & magical transformation, just a steady growth.

I balance the things that I WANNA do & the things that I HAVTA to do by doing the things I want to first. Strange, I know. This way I can satiate my craving & get it out of the way so that I can put my complete focus on my tasks at hand. I hope to raise the bar of expectations gradually as I continue on in life. I do not want to be pressured & stressed & not get the end result that I would like. I will work at a pace that I am most comfortable with & then push myself to see how far I am able to go. Maybe this will all change, who knows? Only time will tell. I will just stick with this strategy for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment