player playlist Miranda Gomez's AP Lit Comp Blog: BRAVE NEW ESSAY TOPIC

Thursday, February 20, 2014

BRAVE NEW ESSAY TOPIC

http://www.cibacs.org/teacherpages/jbronkar/PDFs/Brave%20New%20World%20prompt.pdf

A Difference of Opinion About Utopia:
Compare & conrast the views that at least three characters have of the Brave New World they live(d) in. What about their upbringing has lead to their contrasting opinions of specific aspects of this world? Ideas to consider: How does each character view identity, disease, censorship, history, old age, drugs, brainwashing etc.Why do some "fit in" while others don't?



http://www.collegeboard.com/prod_downloads/ap/students/english/ap05_frq_english_lit.pdf

Question 3:
In Kate Chopin's The Awakening (1899), protagonist Edna Pontellier is said to possess "that outward existencewhich conforms, the inward life which questions." In a novel or play that you have studied, identify a character who conforms outwardly while questioning inwardly. Then write an essay in which you nalyze this tension between outward conformity & inward questioning contributes to the meaning of the work. Avoid plot summary.

I would go about answering both of these prompts by first starting off with an outline to organize all of my ideas. I would address all parts of the promt with supporting examples from my experiences, as well as textual evidence. I would try to avoid plot summary to the best of my abilty. I would identify the various literary techniques presnt in order to suport my essay. For further examples I would need to completely master the book b/c so far we have only read 5 chapters in the novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment