player playlist Miranda Gomez's AP Lit Comp Blog: THE END

Monday, June 2, 2014

THE END



This year was not entirely what I had expected, except for the typical senior activities such as Friday night football games, dances, rallies and parties. Everything was right again, I was closer with my friends, I was getting good grades, on the track to going to college and I was finally feeling confident in myself. It seemed like I had it all. For the most part, I lived up to my senior year, but I lost sight of who I was. I pushed off my responsibilities, but despite that I was genuinely happy.
            Before I never felt good enough and that no matter if I did the best to my abilities, it was never enough. As it so happens I am very hard on myself and felt so much pressure to please others. When in reality I just needed to please myself. I started to focus more on myself and realized that people I cared deeply for did not care as much as they should have. So relationships were cut off and I moved forward with my life. My journey so far has been really rough, but I persevered. I realized that am enough and that I should always strive to do better than the day before. My value does not decrease because of someone’s inability to see my worth.
            I began on my path to find myself again. Before I thought I knew who exactly who I was, where I wanted to be, what I wanted to do and now I’m clueless. Things were put into perspective and what I thought what I wanted is not what want for myself anymore. I need better; I need to be better for myself. At the end of the day, I want to be able to say that I have accomplished something great, but if not I could always try again tomorrow. I’m ready to begin this new chapter in my life because in reality there is nothing left for me in this town. It has already given me everything it had to offer, both good and bad.
            I will be leaving everything and everyone that I have known, for a new beginning. This thought is truly scary. I fear the unknown, but I’m ready to take this risk. I have been going with the flow focusing on myself making sure that I get things done so that I am able to happy with all that I have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment